Saturday, January 03, 2009

It's a Brand New Year!

So the month of December was pretty much a bust. The last three weigh ins in December saw my weight go up by a total of 3.2 pounds. I almost quit WW again. Thankfully, I took a huge step back and re-evaluated why I am on the weight loss journey to begin with. Losing weight is nice, being thin will be great, but that's not actually why I'm on this journey. In July I was told I have to lose weight. I have a fatty liver, my sugar jumped 20 points in a year, and I was having a hard time walking up a flight of stairs.

So after that reality check for me, I buttoned down and really followed the WW program and went to the gym and made sure I worked out hard while there. I'm really happy to say that it paid off and I am down 2.4 lbs this week! I still have a little bit more to go to get all of the December slide off but I'm moving in the right direction!

And also as a victory for me today... After my Sat. meeting I usually head over to Panera or Sonic and eat whatever I want for breaksfast which could include a breakfast burrito or a chocolate pastry or sometimes even both. This morning I returned home and had an english muffin w/ cream cheese and cottage cheese w/ pineapple for breakfast... about a 1/4 the calories. I'm so very proud of myself and I feel completely motivated to continue on the new Momentum plan. So. excited. Seriously.

No comments: