Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's a crazy life I lead

I have been doing something crazy the last few months. I have been internet dating. I decided to give it a try because I was not having any luck with the men out in the real world. Men do not approach me... or rather men that I would even think about dating. Sigh. So I joined Plenty of Fish and decided to see what would happen. It has been as much of a disaster as real world dating has been. I thought for a minute there, that it would be easy. I met this awesome guy. Fire Fighter, good looking, charming, funny, fantastic Father, a little bit wounded. We got along great, hours upon hours of talking, our dates were filled with laughter... and then he just stopped. And I got stupid. I forgot that I was pretty and funny and deserved more than someone who only wanted me when he wanted me on his terms. It's been 2 months, and I still think about him. I have tried dating others from the site. I have avoided far more from the site though. Why do men who I would never be attracted to contact me and say such crude things? I have people as old as 70 and as young as 20 hit on me on there. I am beginning to think there just isn't someone out there for me... I have now been single for almost 13 years, I have actively looked for someone, I have given up trying, I have worked on myself, blah blah blah and still I am alone. every man, I have been attracted to (and I will admit I am picky, and I'm not looking for a Brad Pitt look a like either) has only wanted me for short term... and with the exception of my Fireman... have all tried to come back after I have gotten over them, but not a single one of them have ever wanted to stick it out with me. Maybe there is something wrong with me. I needed some place to put all these thoughts and my Facebook was just not the place. lol

And while I'm here, I might as well post a pic of what I currently look like as I have managed to maintain my weight loss for over 2 years now.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow, I just posted something similar on my blog. I have been single for so long that I have started questioning whether or not the problem lies within me or the men. I, too, have tried internet dating and it's my personal belief that the men just have too many options and move on quickly. Men suck. There are very few decent ones out there. I just hope women like you and I who have waited so incredibly long to get into a serious relationship, get the opportunity to meet one. Good luck