Monday, October 15, 2012

So, I am going to try this blogging thing again and see what happens. I am famous for starting stuff and then not following through. Too much has happened since the last time I bothered to post on here, so I think it's just best to start off by just blogging whatever comes to mind. I haven't had a cigarette in 4 days. It's a cold turkey kind of thing this time. I don't know if it will last, but I would really like it to. So my mind is kind of like Nike right now, Just do it... so I am. I'm running a 10K in 2 weeks. I'd like to see what my race time is as someone who hasn't taken a puff. I'm thinking there will be some improvements. I've been running since January, even completed 2 half marathons this year, all the while I puffed away on cigarettes telling myself I was totally improving my health because I was running. So 2 weeks, until my first run has a ex smoker. Lord, help me make it that far without caving! My half marathons:
Go!St. Louis in April 2012 my time 2:46:19
Air Force Marathon in September 2012 my time 2:46:30 I was rockin' a serious foot issue that still is not resolved and I didn't train at all. This is the last marathon I show up unprepared for. I was in Vegas this weekend. Went hiking at Red Rock Canyon. Red Rock is very cool and my legs were nice and so after a 4.4 mile hike.
This is Red Rock
This is me somewhere in the Canyon :)
This is my main squeeze. He has made the last year of my life very interesting. Well that's all I got for today.

No comments: