Wednesday, October 24, 2012

So this week, I signed up for my next Half Marathon. John and I will be traveling to Kentucky this time to run in the Kentucky Derby Marathon in Louisville.

I am super excited about it. I almost signed up for the full... but I totally chickened out. Because really 26.2 miles is really far. I did however make the decision that I will run a full in 2013. Right now it looks like it will be the Air Force Marathon in September. So I have a year to train.

After, I signed up for the half, a friend of mine mentioned on Facebook that she was looking for a running partner. And, I am also looking for a running partner. So I offered myself up and committed to running with her 3 days a week, following a training schedule. After I agreed, she said "My goal is to run a 1/2 marathon." So after a little back and forth, I committed to running the GO!STL 1/2 with her 20 days before my Kentucky 1/2. That's a lot of running in April guys! I'm skerred, but also really happy because I want to get this last 30 lbs off me and kick those marathons in the behind!

That's my week so far.

2 comments:

TR said...

Nice! nothing like signing up for a race as motivation :)

I've also decided to take the plunge and run 26.2 in 2013!

Krissy said...

Good luck with the 26.2. It scares me, but also excites me because it's such a huge challenge. :)