Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a very full and busy weekend with my BF. Friday we went to the movies. I let him pick the movie this time around and his choice ended up being one that I am not sure I would have picked out myself.



Chasing Mavericks was pretty darn awesome. I think I cried at least 3 times in the film. I'm an not good at recapping or reviewing films, but as someone who grew up by the beach, the film seemed to capture the essence of surfers and the surfing community and watching the ocean/waves in the film made me miss my So Cal home. Has anyone else seen this film yet? What did you think of it?

Saturday, we ran the Gumbo Flats Pumpkin Run 10K. It was cold at 8 in the morning. In the mid 30's and I posted on my Facebook, that only crazy people run in this kind of weather. All 1500 of us.Here is a pic of John and I before the race:

The run itself was uneventful for me. I went out there and ran as best as I could. I ended up catching up to my BF at about the 2.5 mile mark, which is highly unusual. He was limping badly. He's been nursing an Achilles heel and a calf injury since late August. He was a little too confident in his ability to overcome the injury and managed to re-injure his Achilles; I ran on ahead of him (with his permission) but then I felt pretty guilty about it, so I ended up walking mile 4 with him (it was an out and back course so he turned around a little early to "catch up" with me. He made me go again, when he saw how frustrated I was getting at the people passing us :). So my time was not great, I finished the 10K 1:20:24 about 5 minutes off my PR. I did get to run on an airport runway though, so that was kind of cool.


John finished the race almost exactly 10 minutes after I did, which just goes to show you haw stubborn that man actually is. We left almost immediately after he crossed the finish line so we didn't get to enjoy any of the food or awards ceremony.

A couple of hours ofter the run, we decided to check out a bicycle store. I've been on the market for one, because of my insane desire to do whatever John does. In this case it would be a Triathlon, of course there will be other Tri's before that one, but you can't do tri's without a bike. Therefore, I bought this one on Saturday.
I am excited about my bike and I plan on getting a lot of use out of this thing. I will be fit in 2013.

Sunday, was a day spent in recovery. We went to church, took the dog on a 3 mile walk, and hung out at the house watching football and cooking dinner and just hanging out together. Which is a really nice thing to be able to do.

3 comments:

TR said...

Nice! Congrats on the race and PR!

Krissy said...

Thanks! This was probably my last race for 2012. I really wish I had done better, because I know I am capable of better. But I start training for the 2013 season today, so there will be plenty of PR's next year to do. :)

TR said...

Hey, I completely hear you about being slightly disappointed or wanting more from yourself. BUT, I think that's the great thing here - a goal for the future!

As for your comment on my recent post - I completely agree! If I go home after work, even for a small second, I'll never leave the house again to workout!