Friday, November 30, 2012

Funny how time just slips by. Hope everyone had a good holiday. I know I did. Last Saturday, I got in my longest run yet and 8.5 miles, the best part about the long run was how I felt afterward. Typically anything after 6 miles leaves me pretty hobbled. I have a bad foot and back that has left me confined to the couch for a couple of days at a time. My half marathons have been kind of brutal on my body :) but I felt great after my run. My muscles were tired but not broken. I took Sunday off then ran another 6.2 miles on Monday. My running partner injured her Achilles on our Saturday run and then on Monday realized it was worse than she thought, so I told her to take the rest of the week off and re-evaluate on Friday whether she can run on Saturday. This was not supposed to absolve me of running, alas I am lazy and ended up trying to rest my body as well. Not sure if that was good or bad, but it is what it is. It's supposed to beautiful day today, so I'm going to head over to the lake after work today and try to get 4 miles in.

My November running goal was 60 miles for the month. I'm super happy to report that not only did I meet that goal I exceeded it by 5 miles. I've already chosen my December goal and I'm adding 20 miles to it. I think 80 miles is pretty attainable. My long runs are now supposed to be 7,8, & 9 miles and I always seem to do just a little bit more than is expected of me. Now if only I could do something with my eating habits so this running thing translates into weight loss!

1 comment:

TR said...

GREAT running - that's a lot of miles in a couple of days!

Sounds like it was a good month for you - congrats on getting to your goal!