Wednesday, October 01, 2008

If exercise is the key...

to weight loss, why haven't I lost more weight? I work my ass off in the gym at least four times a week and have very little show for it on the scale. It's frustrating to not see the results I want. I think it's the unrealistic expectations of weight loss that The Biggest Loser gives to normal people with normal lives. Don't get me wrong, I love the show and think it's really inspiring, but I can't help but be a little disappointed when on week 1 I lose 3.8 lbs and they contestants have 17 - 20 lbs losses. Obviously, I just need to get over myself and be happy there was a weight loss and that there have been improvements in my breathing (Hello! ex-smoker here!), stamina, and belly fat (yay, my stomach doesn't stick out quite so much).

I've been having a blast attending a Zumba class, which is a latin inspired cardio class. I'm totally uncoordinated, but the instructor is fantastic and encouraging and makes the whole thing fun... even when you think you are about to drop from exhaustion. The class is only 2 days a week though. I wish it were everyday, it's that much fun and you get so much out of it. I'd love it even more if I could get more weight loss to go along with the muscle toning. Tonight, I'm doing eliptical and weights.

No comments: