Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Biggest Loser

I'm an avid watcher. I'm always amazed at how much weight is lost and sometimes envious of those numbers. However, on tonight's episode there was a conversation that Jillian had with the daughter of the Pink Team. I cried, because I answered Jillian before the daughter did about why she was fat and my answer was almost identical to hers. Understanding why we are fat is a major part in the weight loss journey. I know I'm fat because it is a form of protection. No one wants to date a fat girl, so as long as I am fat I can't get hurt or rejected. I've buried myself in food for so long I was beginning to forget how to be happy. I want to be happy again. I want to feel good about myself again. I want to spend my life with someone who loves me fat or thin. I just have to figure out how to get there first.

No comments: