Thursday, January 10, 2008

What I've been doing

I've spent the last three days absorbed in books! I thought I was losing my passion for reading. I spent so much of 2007 doing school stuff I didn't have time to read for pleasure. I've been on break from school for 4 weeks and have been unable to bring myself to read anything. I've gotten many books from the library but would read the first page and then put it down and never pick it up again. The first book I read that lifted my spirits was The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. It's a YA book, but was so much fun to read that I couldn't put it down. I went to her blog and read something that encouraged me to look into books by Stephanie Meyer. What a find! Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. Fantastic books about a girl's discovery of a the existence of other as well as a love story/love triangle. I'm totally bummed I'm done with all her published works, but am looking forward to the 4th books in the series.

No comments: