Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sticking to it...

It’s been such a struggle. You see I have High Blood Pressure and my prescription ran out and my Dr. refused to refill it without seeing him first. I have no desire to get on a scale and have my weight recorded and I was pissed the Dr. wouldn’t just refill the damn thing and then call and say make an appointment before it runs out again. So I’ve been without the medicine for 6 days. That doesn’t seem like a long time, but when your meds include a “water pill” it causes a lot of water retention. So even though I’ve been good all week and followed a much healthier diet I’ve gained weight every day. Until this morning, I had gained 4 lbs of water, but this morning I’m down 2 lbs from my original weight, and I’m still swollen with water, so I still have some excess water to get rid of. I’m working through it, and surprisingly feel better without my meds than I did while I was taking them. I think it has something to do with the side effects of Lisinopril that I didn’t realize I was having until I stopped taking it. I can breathe much better.

Off to drink more water now….

No comments: