Sunday, January 06, 2008

The start of a new year

Today is the first day of a new healthy way of living. I'm about to finish my Bachelor's Degree. I have 1 class left and then I'm supposed to start my new life with all this free time I'm about to acquire. I've been doing the school thing for about 4 1/2 years now, and promised myself I'd get in shape and have a social life once school was done. Well now it's almost done and quite frankly, I can't imagine anyone wanting to date me because one, I'm horribly fat and two, if I don't like myself, how is anyone else supposed to? So I've kicked my butt into gear and did the whole grocery thing and began following the Weight Watchers plan again.



Today hasn't been so bad, I'm well within my point limits and have started prepping for dinner, lots of veggies, that do a good job of filling me up. So here comes the hard part, where I write down my starting weight so I can commit myself to never being this weight again.



Starting Weight: 236.5 lbs

Goal Weight: 145 lbs



I'm going to try to keep a consistent record of what I'm doing while on this weight loss journey as well as a food journal, to keep myself honest.



Today I've had:

Turkey sandwich, hold the mayo 5 points

WW Smart Ones Sana Fe Chicken 5 points

WW Choc Chip Muffin 3 points

Fresh Pineapple 1 point



Dinner

I don't even know waht to call it becasue it is a family recipe that was tweaked to fit a healthir life style that has tomatoes, peppers, onion, and turkey kilbasa but the total points for it is 8 points.



That's it for now.

No comments: