Sunday, May 24, 2009

Reckoning

I did go to weigh in yesterday. The results were up and I have no one to blame but myself. I have let tracking slip, my fruits and vegetable intake has been low and my exercise has been okay. And yesterday, I had fast food for the first time in 6 months! I did not eat a cheesburger though. I had a turkey blt, which was horrible and greasy and I'm pretty sure I won't have a desire to hit fast food for a long while. I'm up +1.4 lbs, so this week I have to do something different. I'm thinking all the BLT's need to go away this week.

I'm about to head to the grocery store to pick up tons of fresh fruit and veggies. I'm planning on making smoothies today and tomorrow for sure (yay for no work!) I'll try for the rest of the week as well, but no gaurantees because I'm pretty busy during the week, with my workouts... because I am totally upping htem this week. I'm realy happy that I'm goign to get Zumba twice this week. My Y will be open tomorrow and will be offereing a Zumba class at 10:45 and then I get my regular Tuesday night class.

This week will be different. I am not going to backslide. I have worked too damn hard to get this weight off of me. I can't stop now, when I am finally starting to see a difference in my body from last year. I want a new wardrobe, I want to be fit, I want to be able to go to an amusement park and not be out of breath from walking around, or be bright red and sweaty when it's only 70 degrees while there! And I really want to be able to go back home and have my friends say wow you look good... and not what the hell happened to you? as happened last year when I visited (I was at my all time high and look and felt horrible!) So yeah, this week will be different.

I hope everyone enjoys the Memorial Day. We are expecting rain, so I'm not sure if my plans are going to happene or not, but I'm sure I'll spend the day with family.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

We all have slips. I'll be blogging about mine today. We just have to hop back on the health wagon. Progress not perfection. Hope you have a great weekend and an even better week!

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm on a slip and slide, but I keep getting back up. You made a great food choice, better than I would have probably!

Fatinah said...

the most important thing about a slip is that you get back at it!! Sounds like that's exactly what you're doing - way to go!