Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wednesday Recap.

I was too tired to post last night. I did the Total Body Workout again. It’s a 75 minute class and the step was involved again. I almost fell twice! I was exhausted even before the workout began, so I think that may have been why I was extra clumsy last night. After the second time of almost going down, I almost walked out… but then the instructor almost fell of her step too. So I felt much better, because if the instructor can almost fall then it pretty much can happen to anyone not just the overweight folks like me! It was a total ass-kicking workout. There was new equipment in the studio and the instructor decided that all must be used. I liked doing something different and this morning different parts of my body are sore! I am shocked that I’ve stuck to this step class for 4 weeks now. Remember when I hated it in the beginning and swore I’d never do it again? I have changed my tune. While I still dislike the step, I really love the results. I feel stronger and I burn a ton of calories.

I am not going to the gym tonight. I am however going to get a workout. I’m going to a Salsa night at a local bar. My Zumba instructor is going to be giving dance lessons at 7 and then we’ll be salsa-ing for the rest of the night. It’s exercise with alcohol. How awesome is that?! I won’t be staying until it closes, I do have to work tomorrow, but I will show up and have some fun, in a cute “little black dress” that hasn’t fit me in years and is now actually a loose… so I need to wear it quick before it’s too big to wear. As soon as it falls off of me it’s getting sent to good will, because I will not be that size again!!!

Yes, I’m feeling good about my workouts and food and results again. I’ve been really aware of what types of foods I’m eating and how much sodium is involved in it. I’ve pretty much doubled my fruits and vegetables intake and subtracted the amount of carbs I’m eating. I’ll never be a low carb kind of girl, but I have figured out eating a large amount of carbs after a workout really does waste the workout. Last night I ate a chicken enchilada and Mexican rice and refried beans for dinner… but my portion was so darn reasonable that when I got on the scale this morning I show that all my gained weight of the last 3 weeks is gone! And I’m currently sporting a loss. Yay me! I’m also really excited because I have definition in my arms. Finally! They aren’t where I want them yet, but I’m heading in the right direction.

I’m also preparing for another interview. I really want this job, if I don’t do well in the interview and I end up not getting this job, I think I’ll be crushed. The job I interviewed for would have been ok to get, so when I didn’t get it I wasn’t as disappointed as I thought I would be, but this one… I’d be working for someone I really respect. I should hear something by next week. Think good thoughts for me. I need all the help I can get.

Have a great day everybody, I’ll be back tomorrow… hopefully with pictures from dancing.

No comments: