Thursday, February 05, 2009

Different kind of healthy

This year so far has not only been about making my body healthy but also about becoming financially healthy. I've been taking Financial Peace University through my church. The class is pretty simple, the advice he gives is not complex, it's based on common sense. Though just because it makes common sense it does not mean that any of take the advice. I'm trying though.

I've spent the last 2 weeks working on my monthly budget to try to make the numbers work. Sadly, I have not been able to do it. Now I should preface that I have very little credit card debt (like less than $500), but I have a house payment that takes up 67% of my paycheck, and this would be why I can not currently get healthy financially. I did do a few things to lower my monthly bills, and was able to my monthly expenses by $72. I am also going the coupon route. I'm collecting coupons online and getting the Sunday Paper and hoping I can find enough savings so I can feed my daughter healthy food at reasonable prices. The bottom line is though is I do not currently have enough monthly income to pay my monthly expenditures and eat every month.

Which brings me to this conclusion... I need a new job. One that will pay me about $8,000 more a year. I've been applying within my company and have a few good leads, but I need to put my resume out there and see if there is anything out there for me. Which I know will be hard because the current economy is not so good, and it seems there are tons of people looking at the same jobs I would be.

No comments: