Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Non-healthy week so far

Ughh, things have not gone weel this week. I have not been to the gym since Monday. Tuesday I tried to go but my Zumba class was cancelled and I didn't bring my iPod so instead of doing something I just left. And I'm not even sure I want to admit what I've been eating, but it hasn't been good. See I didn't get paid until well today actually so grocery shopping has not been an option for me (because I live on a budget, thank you Dave Ramsey). Basically I've been out of fruits and vegetables since Sunday as well as being out of turkey for my lunches. So I've been scrounging for food in my pantry, which btw, is better than fast food but still totally not as healthy as I should be eating. You know yummy things like Mac n Cheese and hot dogs! So while portions have been much smaller than they used to be, I've managed to eat a ton more sodium than I've been used to. And to top it all off, I went to dinner last night with my Mom and it was Italian. I ate chicken parmigiana, yum. I did take half of it and immediately asked for a box so I wouldn't eat it and I basically ate the salad without dressing... because the house dressing was creamy italian and it was gross, way too sweet and I think italian dressing should have a kick to it, but I'm sure that dinner was over 600 calories.

I am heading to the gym tonight, I don't care who I have to run over to get there. I can't stand not working out. I sleep a whole lot better after a good workout, so my sleep has been way off, and I need to burn some serious calories. I peeked at the scale this morning and it's up almost 2 lbs (thank you sodium!). So I'm drinking water, water, water and hoping I can get my groove back for the remaining 2 days before my official WW weigh in.

2 comments:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

You said:
"Basically I've been out of fruits and vegetables since Sunday as well as being out of turkey for my lunches. So I've been scrounging for food in my pantry, which btw, is better than fast food but still totally not as healthy as I should be eating. You know yummy things like Mac n Cheese and hot dogs!"

That's why I have gotten all of the "bad" foods out of my home. As long as I stay home (and don't order a food delivery), I'm okay.

Best wishes to you.

Krissy said...

Yeah, that would be a perfect thing to do... except I have a teenager in the house, and she has given up Fast Food for me (and her) but doesn't want to give up mac n cheese, hot dogs, etc. and I don't blame her. I'm good this week because I got paid so veggies and fruit are now back in my life... at least until I eat them all up again.